When speaking from a patient’s point of view, simply surfing your trusty Google for a “dentist near me” isn’t enough. There are a lot of things that need to be considered when zeroing in for a dentist for your family and yourself. In case you’re looking to switch dental offices, have moved to a new city, or if you’re in a dental emergency, having a trusted dentist is as important as having a trusted general health practitioner.
Poor oral health and hygiene not only affect the teeth, gums, and other tissues in the mouth, but it can also have serious ramifications on your general health as well. The AARP (American Association of Retired Persons) states that people aged 65 or older with poor oral health are at an increased risk of –
- Heart disease (180% increase)
- Respiratory infection (500% increase)
- Stroke (300% increase)
But aside from your adults, children also require strict upkeep with their oral health since they are prone to gum disease and cavities. According to the Center for Disease Control, 1 out of 5 children between the ages of 5 and 11 have at least one untreated decayed tooth. Additionally, kids also require preventative dentistry to avoid any future issues with their teeth and oral tissues.
Find A Dentist Near Me
One of the key things to remember when on the hunt for a dental office is to ask around. People living in the same vicinity can speak from experience with their respective dentists and provide a better outlook. This can include any family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc.
If you’re switching dentists/cities or your current one is retiring, you can always ask them for a recommendation. Dentists are pretty well acquainted with one another and will help in narrowing down your list.
Similarly, your general practitioner or the local pharmacist can also provide some insight into the dental offices in your area. People involved in the medical industry have similar social circles and are probably aware of the good dental offices near you.
Most dental offices also have official websites – which means you can check them out online. However, we will say that the presence of a website does not guarantee a good office. Having said that, these websites also have a dedicated space for patient testimonials. Reading up on other people’s experiences at the respective office can also help you shortlist your choices.
For official resources, you can check out the American Dental Association’s official website. These carry information on state and local dental societies which list the dental offices in your area. Alternatively, you can find these societies in a telephone directory.
The ADA suggests that while you’re looking for a dentist that fits your requirements, take your time and look around. The relationship you and your family will have with the dentist you land on will be a very exhaustive one. So your comfort holds precedence.
Questions To Ask The Dentist Near Me
When you’re out dentist shopping, ensure that you’re visiting the dental offices to get an idea of how they function and if they’re the right fit for you. Listed below are some of the things you should look out for and also questions you could ask the dentist.
- The distance between your home, your place of work, and the dental office. Settle for an office that isn’t too far away from you. Because chances are, the farther it is, the less you’ll visit your dentist.
- What is the appointment process like? Can you schedule one over the phone? Is the receptionist open to answering any queries and do they explain the entire process? Since the receptionist will be the first point of contact between you and the office, their personality reflects the organization.
- On your visit, are the staff welcoming, and do they make you comfortable? Is the office neat and orderly? Are the instruments used sanitized? Are the dentist and their staff wearing protective equipment? Does your dentist provide you with the same and making your safety a priority?
- Does the dentist clear any doubts you present them with? Are they comfortable answering questions about their qualifications and skill level? Do they impose importance on continuing dental education and keeping updated with all the developments in the dental world?
- What is the office’s rescheduling policy? Do they allow for setting up another appointment in the chance you’ve missed yours? When it comes to taking care of your dental health, the last thing you need is an uncooperative dental office.
Finding Low-Cost Dental Care At A Dentist Near Me
Based on your dental insurance provider and the treatment you require, you can find a dental office that won’t break the bank. Brooklyn Boulevard Dental also offers an in-house insurance plan if you don’t have one. This covers a lot of the regular procedures one would require, and also additional coverage on various other treatments.
Please understand that your oral health is important. However, it doesn’t mean that you should opt for cheaper or more expensive options to get the job done. You can always find dentists who fall within your budget and also provide quality treatment.
Brooklyn Blvd Dental not only offers top-notch treatment, but it also makes its patients a priority. Our dental team ensures that anybody who visits leaves happy with not just the procedure, but also with the entire team. We offer a range of services and additionally, we’re perfect for your entire family. If you’ve been looking for a family dentist or a pediatric dentist to cater specifically to your little ones, you’ve hit the jackpot with us. The biggest pro with a family dentist is that they can take care of everyone in your family.
To know more about our procedure rates, the team, or anything else you can schedule an appointment with us. Call (763) 533-8669 today. In addition to regular appointments, we also offer emergency treatment. Find the numbers you need to reach out to, in case of an emergency, here.